So, you have booked a boudoir session. Yay! Cheers to celebrating and owning your sexy self. Here are some tips on how best to prepare for your session, so you are feeling your best.
- No chipped nail polish! I suggest getting manicure and pedicure before your session but there is nothing wrong with going all natural with nothing. Just make sure your nails are clean and ready to go.
- Get a good night's sleep. No bags under your eyes! Get a full night's sleep so your skin is not sallow and you are ready to go.
- Shampoo your hair 24 hours before. If you shampoo the morning of your session, any hair styling may have a harder time holding.
- Shave around 24 hours before. And wax a week or so before! The last thing you want is to have razor burn or irritated skin when you are about to do a session where your clothes will be falling off. I would suggest shaving a day in advanced and if you are getting waxed, maybe a week in advanced! If it is your first time waxing, consult with a specialist beforehand.
- MOISTURIZE. And be gentle on any blemishes. Be kind to your skin and it will be kind back. Especially pay attention to moisturizing elbows, knees and any other dry areas you might have. And for blemishes that you may have leading up to your session, gently exfoliate and clean the area and keep makeup away from them! It is easy to cover up or edit out a pimple, but less easy if it is a scab.
- Bring your Foundation and Mascara. My makeup artist likes to work with your natural beauty and wants to make sure she matches your skin perfectly. Also to make sure your skin does not get irritated, she likes using foundation you are used to! If you do not use foundation, no worries. We got you covered!
- Brush your teeth. Self explanatory. Nothing is worse than feeling great, smiling wide and having a little something stuck in your teeth!
- Relax and Have Fun! This is one that is universal for ANY time of shoot. Stress shows on your face and in your body language. It is about being open and honest and having fun. We are non-judgmental and want you to feel comfortable in your skin.
TIPS FOR YOUR OUTFITS
- Bring a lot of options! We will narrow it down on the day of. But it is ALWAYS better to have more to choose from. If you are doing the session as a gift for your soon-to-be husband or wife, I would suggest bringing an item of theirs that they like (t-shirt, dress shirt, jersey, etc...), a sexy dress or outfit you like, a few lingerie options and some bridal items (garter, veil, jewelry, etc...). Don't forget some sexy footwear! Don't worry about how comfortable they are either. You most likely will not be walking much in them.
- Accessorize boldly. Trust me. Go for bold accessories! Scarves, necklaces, shoes, rings, etc. They give a nice pop and stand out really nicely in photos.
- Avoid any neon colors. Hot pink and yellow are totally fine but NEON colors read weirdly in digital photographs and can make affect how your skin tone displays. Best to avoid them all together! TRUST ME.
- No Logos or Distracting Graphic T-shirts. Patterns can be fine, but make sure they are not distracting or dizzy. A Graphic T can be adorable and super cute (that sexy PJ look), but try to stay away from something that could be distracting. Only except to the rule would be a sports jersey!
- Make sure you are comfortable. Clothes that are too loose or too tight are going to do you no justice. Anything too loose will make you appear larger. Anything too tight will DEFINITELY show in a photograph, creating lines and creases where they aren't normally. And most of all, the discomfort will show on your face. Don't worry about what the tag says, just pick the perfect fit for you!
If you have any specific questions or want to run your outfit by me, PLEASE email me! I am always here to help.